"In Roll Racer the dice determine your powerup strength. You can stack the values of the same powerup until level 7, but be careful, if you roll a higher total and go bust, you'll be hit yourself. Inspired by classic board games, like Monopoly, you can also purchase Real Estate (TM) which will help you or hinder your enemies."
Jumping and Sliding is trickier but recommended.
- WASD / Arrow Keys - Drive + Steer
- SPACE - Jump
- SPACE + A / D / Arrow Left / Arrow Right - Slide
- Left Mouse Button / E - Fire Power
- Right Mouse Button / Q - Look Behind
There are three types of Power Up to pickup on the track:
- Boost - Gives you an initial burst plus temporary speed boost
- Missile - Fires a missile in front of you, targeting an enemy if in sight
- Mine - Hold fire to bring it out, release to let go. Releases a few mines that explode on contact
Picking up a Power Up will roll one six-sided dice, granting power based on the dice roll. Picking up the same type of Power Up again will stack the dice roll up to 7, 7 having extraordinary power. Be careful though, going over 7 will cause you to shut down for a short period.
Driving through the Purchase Property will roll three six-sided dice, resulting in a price that you need to pay to purchase the property. If you have enough coins, the property will become yours and turn green. Watch out for red properties! Anyone can purchase a property, even if it's already owned.
There are four types of Property to purchase:
- Boost - Raises three boost ramps, but only when you're near it!
- Pickups - Spawns coins and pickups, but only when you're near it!
- Blockade - Raises blockades that will bounce enemies off if they hit them. Will lower itself when you're near it.
- Missile Turrets - Causes two missile turrets to shoot low power missiles at nearby enemies. Be careful not to get caught in the crossfire!
|Authors||Maytch, Zugai89, davekingcool|
|Tags||3D, Casual, Cute, Fast-Paced, Game Maker's Toolkit Jam, kart-racer, Pixel Art|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Amazing work. The steering feels very floaty, otherwise I love it!
2nd on my first try.
It was fun to play, but colliding with pylons and houses not so much. Would've also loved for my active skill to persist and not change if I pick something else by chance.
Awesome work! Would probably play again.
+ Nice music that didn't become annoying. (more songs would be nice)
+ Fun driving (for the most part)
+ Bhops: I liked the kept speed when jumping, and the bhopping was really fun
+ Art and environment was nice, but some textures overlapped sometimes
- The game took WAY too long, so the number of laps should be decreased.
- Hitboxes seem wonky, and knockback felt unpleasant
- Abilities are boring and property hitboxes seem a little wonky
- Horrible fps: Had 5 fps at max, which really made it difficult to have fun
This would be really fun as an online multiplayer quake/Mario kart mix, where you bhop and shoot missiles. The properties didn't really make sense, but nonetheless, it was kinda fun :)
I love the sprite and environment art! Was a bit confused at first, but this is a really interesting idea mixing racing and board games.